As science and medicine advances, we start to discover new ways on how to improve our health. However, there are many miracle workers on the internet that are ready to cure you of any disease any time for the right sum of money. When I found out about Wim Hof I knew that this guy has something more to what he is saying. After an extensive research, what I found out blew me completely.
“That’s how it all started. I lost my wife but I found conscious happiness from there, bit by bit, by taking away emotional trauma and reversing the process into mood control. That energy flows through your body and through your mind. I know how to empty myself and become clean, fresh, new… happy.”
Who is he?
Wim Hof is born in 1959 in the Netherlands. His nickname is “Iceman” and he is the holder of 26 world records including Climbing Mount Everest with nothing but shorts, running a marathon through a desert without drinking any water, or staying covered in ice for 1 hour, 13 minutes and 48 seconds.
He developed and popularized a method for reaching full awareness of one’s body and controlling his own immune, endocrine, and autonomic nervous systems. And this has been backed up by hundreds of researchers all around the world. He claims that any man can withstand the harsh conditions he can, after taking his course and practicing for no more than 4 days.
He is the first man to scientifically prove that humans can control their autonomic nervous and immune systems.
What does he do?
His method is based on the Buddist practice of Tummo. It relates to controlled breathing exercises and meditation obtaining the ability to actively control the bodies temperature.
He was the subject of an experiment, where a Bacterial agent was administered to his bloodstream. Adverse reactions as fever and nausea were the expected adverse effects, but he showed no such signs. This was baffling to researchers and had no scientific explanation. He showed that the impossible is possible and started writing a new chapter in human physiology.
He can consciously manipulate his autonomic nervous and immune systems as this was known to be completely impossible by science.
“My teacher is nature” – Wim Hof
And he continues to prove his theory while he rests completely immersed in ice for hour and 13 minutes without decreasing his core temperature even one degree. In normal conditions, people die in cold water in under 10 minutes from hypothermia (decreasing the core temperature under 35 degrees.)
He has never been ill and he manages to heal others through his method. And I believe that he is nothing but an ordinary man showing us how extraordinary our bodies are.
How to try it yourself
People have always tried to use nature as a source of remedy. Russians and Nordic people condition their bodies using Sauna and cold-water baths. In Siberia, it is a tradition for people to bathe in the snow so they condition their bodies to fight off any disease.
I tried it myself and it is incredible. I believe that more people deserve to know this and have to try it by themselves.
Step by step explanation breathing exercises
1) Get comfortable Sit in a meditation posture, whatever is most comfortable for you. Make sure you can expand your lungs freely without feeling any constriction. It is recommended to do this practice right after waking up since your stomach is still empty or before a meal.
2) 30 Power Breaths Imagine you’re blowing up a balloon. Inhale through the nose or mouth and exhale through the mouth in short but powerful bursts. Keep a steady pace and use your midriff fully. Close your eyes and do this around 30 times. Symptoms could be lightheadedness, tingling sensations in the body.
3) The Hold, retention after exhalation After the 30 rapid successions of breath cycles, draw the breath in once more and fill the lungs to maximumcapacity without using any force. Then let the air out and hold for as long as you can without force. Hold the breath until you experience the gasp reflex.
4) Recovery Breath Inhale to full capacity. Feel your chest expanding. When you are at full capacity, hold the breath for around 10 seconds and this will be round one. The breathing exercise can be repeated 3 rounds after each other.
5) After having completed the breathing exercise take your time to enjoy the feeling afterward. This feeling will be more and more like a meditation.
When you start doing these exercises we recommend to take your time recovering from the breathing exercise. After doing the breathing exercise and you feel good, you can start with taking the cold shower.
The source is the official Wim Hof site: http://www.icemanwimhof.com/wim-hof-exercises
Wim Hof is a man that learns from nature about himself and his physiology. He has managed to do wonders according to modern science and continues to baffle everyone with his extraordinary feats. His method can help you to retain the full control over your own nervous an immune system. You will be able to withstand conditions that were taught to be impossible and you will become healthier than ever before.
article by Iliyan Nichev on www.healthiosity.com