"Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you practice gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for." --Zig Ziglar
HOW TO PRACTICE GRATITUDE
1). START A GRATITUDE JOURNAL
2). EXPRESS YOUR GRATITUDE
Tell people why you appreciate having them in your life. Thank them for even the simplest of things.
3). THINK GRATEFUL THOUGHTS WHILE DOING DAILY TASKS
While folding your laundry, appreciate the clothes that you have to wear. Having dishes to wash means that your body has been nourished by the food they held. Each morning while making your bed, remember to be thankful for having a soft place to lay your head.
4). WRITING A GRATITUDE LIST
There’s no certain number of items that you should include in your list, but I always write at least three.
Something that plays a big role in my life or is very valuable. (home, family, health)
Something that is less significant but still appreciated. (coffee, a great pair of leggings, conversations with friends) Doing this reminds me that I have so many things and I experience so many moments to be grateful for.
Something that I expect to have in the future. I choose to be grateful for all the things that I have and all the things I will receive in the future. ( goals that I am working towards, better physical health as I consistently improve my diet, future trips to the beach)
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR PRACTICING GRATITUDE
These journal prompts were created to get you thinking about the big and small things as well as the future things that you may feel grateful for.
* Something big and/or small that I am grateful for
* A person I am glad to have in my life
* A place where I feel safe
* A memory that makes me smile
* An accomplishment I am proud of
* A future event I'm excited about
* My favorite song that improves my mood
* A book that I loved reading
* My favorite food or meal
* A characteristic of my home that I love
* I like this part of my body the most
* My favorite aspect of my personality
* The task I enjoy doing the most at work
* My favorite time of the day
* The outfit I feel the most confident in
* A life lesson I have learned